Recovery is a problem for every business. There are three categories of customers:
- Customers who pay in advance or pay immediately after invoices is sent. We are extremely thankful to such customers.
- Customers who are simply forgetting to pay or are delaying payments due to genuine temporary issue. This is the category that needs reminders. Our completely unscientific discovery is: remind on Monday morning at 7 AM and they clear dues :-). We have a software solution for this category.
- Customers who have no intention to pay whatever you do. Sorry, but you need to go to court.
We have developed a web portal called Fair Bahi Khata (https://fairbahikhata.com/) . You just need to add customers, enter order (bill) and that is it. Our system keeps reminding every Monday at around 7 AM. Once you receive your dues, enter payment (full or partial). Once total payments matches the dues the customer will stop receiving SMS.
Here is a short video showing Fair Bahi Khata in action:
There many other useful features:
- You can tag customer orders by business name so you can use it for multiple businesses.
- You can get reports by time period by choosing start and end date (say financial year).
- You can generate invoices and receipts as PDF or excel.
- You can start your own online shop. We have explained it separately here: https://fairshare.tech/2020/02/17/how-to-quickly-take-your-shop-online/
This system was built using Ruby On Rails (RoR) with MySql as database.